Monday 15 August 2016

Unleash the horde! Feral Orks for Castle Assault 2016

Unleash the horde


Going Feral at this year's Castle Assault Tournament



Just a quick update to show what I've been working on lately. I've always been a huge fan of Orks since second ed 40k, Ghazghull was actually the first model I ever painted and that's a loooong time ago now. 
I wrote in the pervious article about Castle Assault that this years pack and victory points systems really encourages aggressive play and grabbing objectives. So that means picking an army that can move and engage effectively to take as much dirt as possible. 


Plan A was originally to run Necrons, a large spanner was thrown into the works when field testing revealed that I am the worst Necron player the world has ever seen. The very idea of holding back and hitting the enemy in turn 2 or 3 just doesn't work for me at all. So I went looking for another super choppy army. Feral Orks appeal the horde lover in me. With just on 100 bases on the board there will be some super violent games over the weekend. 


Without giving away all of my secret strategies my basic plan will be the same as with squats. I'll sit back and rely on the amazing amount of shots that the feral Orks have to blast my enemies off the board. The army will be getting its first game at the tournament so I haven't had a chance to test the theory properly but what could possibly go wrong. 



No comments:

Post a Comment